“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Carter’s. I received a complimentary gift card to facilitate my review and thank me for my participation.”
Luke will be starting preschool this Fall and I've started to feel the back-to-school (or just-starting-school) itch! There is a whole range of emotions that I feel towards his first day: nervous, excited, proud...
I try to focus on the things that I can control. Here are some things that I am trying to focus on to prepare us for back to preschool:
1. I can control that we are sending him to a wonderful environment. I can control how I respond to my range of emotions. I definitely don't want Luke to sense my anxiety. I want him to feel confident, competent, and safe.
2. I can try and adjust sleep and wake schedules. The summer sun is the best but certainly has Luke going to bed later than an ideal time. I think transitioning back to school schedule is going to be a slow process and take some effort and careful planning, but be worth it!
3. Evaluate what Luke can do on his own. I sometimes forget to ask Luke to help. He actually loves getting his toothbrush ready, putting his clothes in the laundry, and putting his sneakers on.
4. Get all of the forms completed and returned. There's no need to let that paperwork stack up.
5. Use the weekend to prep for the week. Laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning. This makes for an easier week.
6. Back to school shopping at Carter's. I certainly do not want Luke's wardrobe to interfere with his education. I've seen him trip on his pants at gymnastics, or get distracted by the tags on his clothes. We've been late to morning play dates because we couldn't agree on something to wear. I want him to be comfortable, classy, and like what he's wearing for the day.
I've had great luck at Carter's for everything from underwear to outerwear. I can confidently say that they offer a wide selection of colorful and fresh clothing for both boys and girls with a variety of cute styles to satisfy our Fall fashion needs.
They offer clothing without tags, and clothing that Luke approves. At the same time, they are affordable and we don't have to worry about every little stain during our fun filled days. I also like that you can mix and match pieces to create easy and modern outfit sets. Carter's now offers clothing up to size 8 and shoes up to 3 youth!
Here's what we found at our local Carter's! You know it's been a successful shopping trip when both mommy and toddler leave happy!
|New rain boots just in time for some puddle fun! I think this top will be perfect for a Fall birthday party we are attending, too!|
|With potty training, the stretchy waistband is a must.|
|Luke is really into trucks right now. I love that he can have fun with his fashion but still look classy.|
|I was surprised to learn that 4-5T underwear is not easy to find. But Carter's has them!|
|Layering is essential for Fall! Toddlers are so active that they need to be prepared for the cold, but also prepared to get warm after running around and exploring! This winter coat is lightweight and I think it will easily become a favorite.|
Don't miss these upcoming sales and see below for an extra coupon! Also be sure to follow Carter's on the social media links below to stay updated.
Count Me In Preschool Sale (Up to 50% Off): 8/5 - 8/31:
· Doorbuster 2 or more: $6 leggings, long sleeve tees, boys terry pants & slogans (Entire Event)
· Single Doorbuster: $8 fleece pants, $10 moto jegging, $12 boys hoodies (Ends 8/17)
Labor Day Weekend 50% off Entire Store or More: 9/1 – 9/7:
· Doorbuster $12 5-pack bodysuit, $9 2 pack pants, $10 turn me around sets (9/3 -9/7 only)